Matthew J. Sutch
Licensed to practice in:
South Carolina, California, U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Representative Practice Areas:
- Preparing and prosecuting U.S. and international patent and trademark applications.
- Providing technical and legal support in patent and trademark litigation matters.
- Rendering patent related opinions, including infringement and patentability opinions.
- Matt joined Dority & Manning in 2015.
- Prior to joining Dority & Manning, Matt was an associate at a boutique intellectual property firm in the Los Angeles, California area where he drafted and prosecuted applications related to various technologies, drafted infringement opinions, and drafted various motions in patent and trademark litigation matters.
- Matt has familiarity with technologies in the electromechanical and mechanical arts, including power generation and control systems, consumer appliances, medical devices, food processing systems, plumbing fixtures and components, and software/applications.
- During law school, Matt externed at the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office in the heating and drying art unit.
- Education: Clemson University (B.S., Mechanical Engineering, cum laude, 2011); Michigan State University College of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2014).
- Civic and Community Service: American Bar Association.
- Honors & Activities: Jurisprudence Award Recipient: Intellectual Property Practicum; Analytical Methods for Lawyers – Corporate Finance.