Maegen W. Stokes
Licensed to practice in:
South Carolina, U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Representative Practice Areas:
- Preparing patent applications in the mechanical and electromechanical arts, as well as applications to register trademarks and copyrights, and guiding these applications through the relevant agencies of U.S. and international governments.
- Handling contested administrative proceedings before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, including trademark oppositions.
- Interfacing with international law firms to manage and direct prosecution of patent and trademark applications across the world.
- Maegen has drafted and prosecuted patent applications across a vast array of technology areas including power generation and related control systems, energy storage systems, aircraft engines, medical devices, gaming systems and related software, household appliances, semiconductors, and thermal processing chambers.
- During and after college, Maegen worked at an engineering firm, where she was involved with process engineering for industrial facility design.
- During law school, Maegen worked full-time with an environmental consulting firm, where she was involved with environmental engineering projects concerning soil, groundwater, and wastewater remediation, as well as waste-to-energy facilities. Maegen also ensured compliance with state and federal regulations for environmental clients.
- Education: Clemson University (B.S., Mechanical Engineering, cum laude 2007); Charleston School of Law (J.D., cum laude 2012).
- Civic and Community Service: American Intellectual Property Law Association, Carolina Patent, Trademark, and Copyright Law Association
- Honors: Pi Tau Sigma (National Mechanical Engineering Honor Society); CALI Award Recipient: Legal Research and Writing; Constitutional Law.