Joseph J. Probst
Licensed to practice in:
South Carolina, Washington State, U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Representative Practice Areas:
- Joseph advises clients regarding intellectual property matters, with a particular emphasis on assisting clients in obtaining US and international patents to protect their inventions and products.
- Joseph drafts and prosecutes patent applications primarily directed to electrical and computer-implemented subject matter but has experience in many different fields of technology.
- Joseph also has experience with intellectual property licensing, trademark registration, and patent non-infringement and invalidity opinions.
- Joseph has patent experience in technical fields such as semiconductor devices, solar cell fabrication, MEMS devices, LED lighting devices, camera lens assemblies, machine-readable symbol readers, RF-enabled medical devices, electric motor control circuits, satellite positioning, advanced metering infrastructure, image stitching, image compression, computer vision, capacitor chips, induction cooktops, and semiconductor wafers.
- During law school, Joseph was an intern for the Honorable Randall R. Rader, Former Chief Judge of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.
- Education: Clemson University (B.S., Bioengineering with concentration in Bioelectrical Engineering, 2009, magna cum laude); University of Washington (J.D., 2012, high honors)
- Honors: Order of the Coif; Washington State Bar Association Intellectual Property Section Scholarship Award Winner; Executive Board Member, University of Washington Moot Court Honor Board.
- Publications: “Loaded Question: Examining Loadable Kernel Modules Under the General Public License v2,” Washington Journal of Law, Technology, and Arts, 7 Wash. J.L. Tech. & Arts 265 (2012).