Jason W. Johnston
Licensed to practice in:
South Carolina, U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Representative Practice Areas:
- Managing the patent portfolios of national and multinational companies in all aspects of intellectual property.
- Preparing and prosecuting patent applications.
- Rendering complex infringement, validity, and right-to-practice opinions.
- Performing due diligence analysis.
- Jason has been with Dority & Manning for over a decade and is currently Shareholder of Operations at the firm.
- Jason has familiarity with a broad spectrum of technologies in the chemical, electrochemical, pharmaceutical, biochemical, and mechanical arts, including the areas of medicinal chemistry (e.g., anti-viral compounds including Hepatitis inhibitors), diagnostic assays and biosensors, antimicrobials, passive electronic components (e.g., ceramic, electrolytic, and electrochemical capacitors), biomedical products, polymer processing and synthesis, semiconductor technology, nanotechnology, film fabrication, and nonwoven web processing.
- Jason has been active in all areas of intellectual property practice throughout his career.
- Education: Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (B.S., Chemical Engineering, 1996); University of South Carolina School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 1999).
- Civic and Community Service: South Carolina Bar Association (Intellectual Property Section); Carolina Patent, Trademark & Copyright Law Association.