J. Crockett Hailey, III
Licensed to practice in:
South Carolina, Alabama, Tennessee, U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Representative Practice Areas:
- Preparing and prosecuting U.S. and international patent applications.
- Rendering patent related opinions, including validity, infringement, and right to practice opinions.
- Crockett joined Dority & Manning in 2015.
- Prior to joining Dority & Manning, Crockett was an associate at an intellectual property firm in Nashville, Tennessee where he prosecuted patent applications, prepared patentability and non-infringement opinions, and provided patent litigation support.
- Previously, Crockett was also a patent examiner at the United States Patent and Trademark Office. As an examiner, Crockett examined patent applications related to combustion, furnace, and solar technologies.
- Crockett has familiarity with technologies in the electromechanical and mechanical arts, including heating and cooling systems, firearms, medical treatment and rehabilitation devices, road paving equipment, musical instruments and accessories, automotive components, lighting components, gaming devices, handheld power tools, and power generation systems.
- Education: Mississippi State University (B.S., Mechanical Engineering, 2009); University of Alabama, School of Law (J.D. 2012).
- Civic and Community Service: American Bar Association; Tennessee Bar Association.
- Honors & Activities: CALI Award (Best Paper): Computers and the Law (Spring, 2011); Research Assistant (University of Alabama, School of Law, Professor Anne S. Hornsby)