Douglas E. McKay
Licensed to practice in:
Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Representative Practice Areas:
- Doug prepares and prosecutes U.S. and international patent applications in various technologies.
- Doug has been with Dority & Manning since 2017.
- Prior to joining Dority & Manning, Doug was an associate in the intellectual property group of a large international general practice firm in Charlotte, North Carolina where he drafted and prosecuted U.S. and international applications related to various technologies; assisted with invalidity and non-infringement opinions; and participated in diligence investigations.
- Doug has experience with various technologies in the computer, electrical, electromechanical, and mechanical arts, including telecommunications, image processing, audio/video processing, radio frequency identification, software, user interface, data management, electronics, and electromechanical devices.
- Prior to law school, Doug worked as a Principal Telecommunications Engineer for an investor-owned public utility company in Tampa, Florida.
- Education: University of South Florida (B.S., Computer Engineering, 2001); University of Florida (Master of Engineering, 2005); Emory University School of Law (J.D. with Honors, 2010)
- Civic and Community Service: Stonewall Bar Association of Georgia (Board of Directors), American Intellectual Property Law Association