David E. Cromer
Licensed to practice in:
California, U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Representative Practice Areas:
- Preparing and prosecuting U.S. and international patent and trademark applications
- Managing complex patent portfolios for small and large organizations
- Rendering patent infringement and validity opinions, and providing design-around counseling
- Representing clients in the selection, use, and registration of trademarks, and proceedings before the TTAB
- David has been with Dority & Manning since 2017.
- David concentrates his practice on drafting, prosecuting, and managing patent applications in the electrical and computer arts.
- Prior to joining Dority & Manning, David was a partner at an intellectual property boutique in San Francisco where he generated and managed complex patent portfolios for both large and small high-tech organizations.
- David has drafted and prosecuted patent applications in technology areas including solid-state memory design and semiconductor fabrication, satellite communication systems, motion detection and gesture control, augmented/virtual reality, digital signal processing, computer and network security, and domain name systems.
- David has also represented clients in all facets of trademark matters, conducting oppositions before the TTAB and drafting licenses, assignments, and use-agreements.
- Education: Clemson University (B.S., Electrical Engineering, cum laude, 1998); Tulane University (J.D., magna cum laude, 2002).
- Civic and Community Service: San Francisco Bar Association, San Francisco Intellectual Property Law Association
- Honors: Order of the Coif; Phi Delta Phi, CALI award for Patent Prosecution and Litigation, Antitrust, and Administrative Law, Eta Kappa Nu, Presidential Alumni Scholar, Golden Key National Honor Society