Charles M. Shonkwiler
Licensed to practice in:
Washington State, U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Representative Practice Areas:
- Patent drafting and prosecution for clients ranging from large corporations to startup companies.
- Technical aptitude across a wide range of technologies, including chemical engineering, mechanical and electro-mechanical devices, and software-related technologies.
- Joined Dority & Manning in 2017. Worked for an IP law firm in Charlotte, NC and for various law firms in the Pacific Northwest prior to joining Dority & Manning.
- Drafted and prosecuted patent applications in contexts ranging from large corporate portfolios to new business ventures.
- Helped clients decide where and how to focus their valuable resources when pursuing patent protection and in navigating the patent landscape of third-parties.
- Worked for Weyerhaeuser as a process engineer, handling various chemical and mechanical engineering projects involving pulping and papermaking chemistry, processes and machinery.
- Education: University of Oregon (JD/MBA 2009); University of Washington (BS Paper Science & Engineering, 2002).
- Publications: Inter Partes Review Petitioners without Concrete Plans for Potentially Infringing Activity May Lack Standing Required for an Appeal to the Federal Circuit, Dority & Manning (August 15, 2018), available here.