Bethany Z. Groeber
Licensed to practice in:
North Carolina, U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Representative Practice Areas:
- Preparing and prosecuting U.S. and international patent applications in various technologies.
- Rendering patent related opinions, including invalidity, infringement, and right-to-practice opinions.
- Interfacing with international law firms to manage and direct prosecution of patent applications across the world.
- Beth has been with Dority & Manning since 2016.
- Prior to joining Dority & Manning, Beth was an associate in the intellectual property group of a large international general practice firm in Charlotte, North Carolina where she drafted and prosecuted applications related to various technologies; drafted invalidity, non-infringement, and right-to-practice opinions; and participated in inter partes review proceedings and diligence investigations.
- Beth has experience with various technologies in the chemical, biochemical, electromechanical, and mechanical arts, including polymer processing and synthesis, textiles, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, coatings, semiconductor wafers and devices, OLED devices, and batteries.
- Prior to law school, Beth worked as a Process Engineer for Savannah River Remediation at Savannah River Site in Aiken, S.C.
- Education: Clemson University (B.S., Chemical Engineering 2009); University of South Carolina (J.D. 2013)
- Civic and Community Service: North Carolina Bar Association
- Achievements and Honors: Order of the Wig and Robe; Senior Research Editor, South Carolina Law Review; Tau Beta Pi (National Engineering Honor Society); CALI Book Awards in Legal Research, International Environmental Law; recipient of Sinkler Gibbs Simons Scholarship Fund; recipient of Trustee Scholarship.