Alexa J. Hunter
Licensed to practice in:
Pennsylvania, U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Representative Practice Areas:
- Preparing and prosecuting U.S. and international patent and trademark applications.
- Alexa joined Dority & Manning in 2016.
- Prior to joining Dority & Manning, Alexa worked for a third party logistics provider based in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania where she worked in commercial contracts, licensing and procurement. Alexa also clerked for an international company in the polyethylene and polystyrene business during law school, advising on patent infringement appeals and opinions as well as providing competitive intellectual property research and patentability analyses.
- Alexa has familiarity with technologies in the pharmaceutical, chemical, and life sciences fields, including polymer science and petrochemicals.
- Education:University of Delaware (B.S., Biochemistry, With Honors, 2012); University of Pittsburgh School of Law (J.D., 2015).
- Honors:University of Pittsburgh School of Law Intellectual Property Certificate; University of Pittsburgh School of Law Tax Review: Production Editor; CALI Award: Patent Law, Advanced Topics in Patent Law, Federal Income Tax; University of Delaware: General Honors Award.
- Civic and Community Service: Women in the Law Division, Pennsylvania Bar Association, American Bar Association: Section of Intellectual Property Law.
- Publications: Lack of Early, Focused, and Supported Notice of Belief of Exceptional Litigation Behavior May Thwart Motion for Attorneys’ Fees Under 35 U.S.C. § 285, Dority & Manning (June 28, 2018), available here.